Do you enjoy using the ice rink or other facilities at the community center? Have you taken part in the Harvest Festival, Community Day, Christmas Singalong, or countless other events in the community?
The vast majority of our operations and events are made possible by funding from AGLC casino funds. You can have a role in helping ensure these services and events continue.
Our community needs volunteers for all positions, all times, for our casino fundraiser on Nov 2 & 3. It is hour for hour, dollar for dollar, the most impactful use of your time for fundraising in our community.
Tell your family (18+), neighbors, and friends, volunteer, and help us out!
Casino Fundraiser Event
Monday November 2nd
Tuesday November 3rd
How does it work?
The Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC) gives an opportunity to non-for-profits like us to receive revenue from gaming activities which could be used towards amazing community programs and projects!
- All volunteers will be supported by a licensed casino advisor who will provide training and oversight. In minutes you will be a confident and valuable participant.
- During your shift you will be given a meal voucher.
Where is it held?
- Cowboys Casino – 421 12 Avenue SE
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone 18+ years
- This is a fun way to get to know your neighbours in our community.
- No experience is required
General Manager/ Alt General Manager
- Responsibilities include organizations’ official representative to supervise volunteers, their attendance, and their conduct at the Licensed Casino Event in the Cash Cage, the Count Room, and on the gaming floor. This position is mostly data entry.
- A General Manager or Alternative General Manger must always remain within the Casino Facility during a Licensed Casino Event.
- Responsibilities include maintaining Cash Cage float of chips and cash.
- Controls safe. Primary activity during opening, closing and shift changes. Must use a computer or handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
- Responsibilities include trading patrons’ chips for cash. Ability to count chips accurately in increments of 5 and 25 as well as count back cash a huge asset. Will be handling large amounts of chips and cash.
- Minimal use handheld computer in the performance of their duties.
Count Room Supervisor:
- Responsibilities include utilize a computer to record counting activities. Supervises count room volunteers.
- Responsibilities include sort, count, verify and amalgamate cash. One person will use a computer.
Who does this Benefit?
This major fundraising event provides our Community with funding which supports many of our projects, programs and events. Please consider volunteering for this fun event and help support our Community!
How to Volunteer?
Sign Up Today! CLICK HERE to Volunteer!
- For those of you who registered to volunteer for the Casino Event that was to be held in June 2020 and was cancelled due to COVID-19. You will have to re-register and fill out the AGLC Volunteer Application again for the November Casino Event.
- All COVID-19 precautions will be in place for everyone’s safety.
Should you have any questions please contact Connie (Casino Coordinator) at bookkeeper-BTCA@shaw.ca
Neighbour day is next Saturday June 20. Unfortunately, this year we won’t be able to hold our usual celebration at the community centre, but we would like to encourage all our neighbours to participate in spreading kindness and celebrate our community.
Check our poster for some ideas, or share some of your own!
Calling all residents of Banff Trail, you are invited to have your say at the City of Calgary’s “Public Hearing at Council for ARP Policy and Land Use Amendment Applications” on Feb 3rd, 9:30 AM at City Hall.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, questions or concerns.
Banff Trail Community would like to celebrate all our wonderful seniors, the contributions they make, and the wisdom they bring!
December 12, 2019 – 1 – 3 PM
Banff Trail Community Association @ 2115 20 Av NW
All 50 plus are welcome – Bring a friend
Refreshments, Door Prizes & Entertainment
Fire Safety Talk and Intro to the Calgary Association of Lifelong Learners
Any questions or if you need transportation let us know: email@example.com or call 403-282-2234
The City of Calgary is hosting an open house regarding the
Banff Trail Area Improvements Project.
Thursday, October 24
Best Western Plus – Village Park Inn, Foothills Ballroom (1804 Crowchild Trail N.W.)
7:00 – 9:00 PM: Public Open House (Drop-In, no registration required)
Details can be found at:
Please sign up and register for the event HERE